When building a new home, or moving, or just trying to get up to speed with the latest technology, you have probably thought about home automation. If you are interested in making your home a smart one, there are many reasons for you to choose some new technology. But is home automation a fad? Not likely. In fact, your home is probably just going to get smarter and starter. Read on for the top 10 reasons why home automation is the wave of the future, and is here to stay.
1. Home Control: With proper home automation, you will be able to control the function of your home from anywhere. And by that we mean control all kinds of systems, like lighting, security, heating and cooling, appliances, AV entertainment and more, from a smartphone or tablet.
2. Eyes on the Prize: You can’t put a price on peace of mind when you’re away from home. With home automation sagaponack, cameras in and around your home can be accessed from a smartphone or tablet so you can see what’s going on no matter where you are. Choose basic, single-view cameras or more sophisticated models with motion-triggered recording and remote-controllable pan/tilt/zoom.
3. Convenience: Why get up from the couch to see who’s at the door when you can access the front-door camera on your TV? And instead of running around the house turning the lights off before you go to bed, use an app on your phone to turn ’em all off at once.
4. It’s Okay if You Forget Your Keys: Home automation eliminates your need to worry about leaving a key and the alarm code for your in-laws while you’re away on vacation. With keyless entry you can give them their own access code as well as create time-restricted codes for the cleaning service, dog walker, or anyone who needs to get into the house. You can even keep track of who comes and goes. Everyday appliances can also be automated, allowing you to preheat the oven or start a load of wash when you’re leaving the office.
5. Music is Everywhere: Video screens and in-wall speakers throughout your house provide entertainment as you go from room to room; there’s even a party mode that plays favorite tunes throughout the house. When your guests leave, you can go back to enjoying different music sources in different rooms – everything controllable from a smartphone, tablet, or in-wall touchpanels. We’re talking streaming from a central library on your home network or from Internet-based services.
6. Going to the Movies…at Home: Forget about going to the movies and paying twenty bucks for popcorn, soda and a ticket. Create a fully-automated retreat in the basement: Walk in, sit down, put your beer in a cupholder, and hit Play Movie on the remote to dim the lights and start the movie.
7. Conservation: Home automation will help you conserve energy. Having the capability to turn off or dim every light in the house with one button press, control motorized window shades and call up a thermostat app on your phone can all contribute to lower utility bills. You can even monitor household energy usage to see where it makes sense to cut back.
8. Customizing Your Home: Home automation will help you build a system that meets your needs. Home automation is not a one-size-fits-all affair. Today’s control platforms are fully customizable allowing a professional to design a system that not only does what you want but can be operated from any device or combination of devices.
9. Imagination Time: With the help of a home theater installation pro, almost anything is possible and remote controllable – from electronic weathervanes installed by a suffolk county electrician and gas fireplaces to snow melting systems and flood detectors to motorized windows and gates. You can imagine yourself living in luxury rentals with these futuristic features!
10. Fun: Home automation is fun! If there’s a common thread running through all of the above, it can be summed up in three letters: f-u-n. Not only does home automation expand your entertainment options and make entertaining guests a breeze, home automation also gives mundane tasks like heating and lighting control a futuristic kind of cool.
If this isn’t enough to convince you of the staying power of home automation, then give us a call. The team at home theater installation will be happy to share more tips on making your home smart for the future. Contact your local electrician today!